NUMNY collects personally-identifiable information ("Personal Info") on certain areas of the Site when users register, request information or a response, sign up for events, apply for jobs, and participate in user posting areas, such as bulletin boards, discussion forums, and surveys. The personally-identifiable information collected may include, without limitation, your access ID/password, company or school affiliations, and contact information (names, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone/ fax numbers).
NUMNY uses your Personal Info to fulfill your requests for information, to process your requests to participate in events, and to review and consider any employment-related inquiries that you may submit. We may keep any of your Personal Info on file and use it to contact you for recruiting purposes. NUMNY may also use Personal Info in analyzing Site user behavior in order to measure interest in specific items posted on our Site. The e-mail addresses provided at registration allow NUMNY to send e-mail to individuals based on the areas of interest that they indicate during the registration process. If you do not wish to receive e-mailed advance notice of items posted on the Site, simply do not check off any of the subject boxes on the registration page. NUMNY uses Personal Info collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below. NUMNY may provide your Personal Info to any of its affiliates worldwide for such purposes.
NUMNY will not intentionally disclose (and will take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your Personal Info to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of NUMNY), whether for such third parties' marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following four exceptions:
- NUMNY may disclose your Personal Info to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction.
- NUMNY may disclose your Personal Info to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery.
- NUMNY may disclose your Personal Info if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure.
- NUMNY may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to NUMNY.
- If NUMNY and/or any of its affiliates merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by NUMNY or such affiliates on their Web sites may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party.
We may provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on this Site is in fact supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third- party Web sites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. We cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection and privacy practices of such third-party Web sites, which may differ from those of this Site.
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any Personal Info that you submitted to the Site. You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the Site. To do so, please either follow instructions on the page of the Site on which you have provided such information or subscribed or registered, or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
NUMNY has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect Personal Info from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized NUMNY personnel are provided access to Personal Info, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, NUMNY cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your Personal Info.
Personal Info collected on the Site may be transferred from time to time to NUMNY offices located throughout the world and the Site may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries (such as the United States) that may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of personally-identifiable data. By using the Site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such transborder transfer and hosting of such information.
NUMNY understands the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in an on-line environment. The Site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and NUMNY will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.